Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Love Letter from God...

(I attended the Captivating Women's Retreat in Colorado of April 2008. I went for some much needed time away and solace with God. Traveling alone through the Rocky Mountains to this retreat was in and of itself a gift from God, as I witnessed firsthand the awe and wonder of His creation, gazing upon those majestic peaks. And I thought the mountains around Redding were big...

During some free time at the retreat I went on a precarious horseback ride that would again, invite me to trust God in new ways. Namely to trust God along with the surefootedness of an old horse on a nose to tail trail ride along skinny shale cliffs. One woman was thrown, and even my ride decided he needed a belly scratching atop a small tree (with me still in the saddle). Still, I reveled in the adventure, refusing to turn my ear to anything that did not resemble a whisper from my Savior - "Trust Me, daughter..." is what I heard over and over. Well, understandably the trail ride ran late that day, causing some of us to miss most of the evening session. But what I did not miss was the invitation from the ladies of Ransomed Heart to BE STILL for awhile. Reassuring me (us) that Jesus has much to say... we retreated to a covenant of silence. With my heart quiet before God, this is what He said. The letter that follows was His gift to me that day. At the urging of my husband, and the Lord, I am sharing it with you now.)

Love Letter from God

You are beautiful and blameless in My sight - you are My child and I forgive you - I love you - come unto Me - I long to give you rest - I know you are weary - drop your burdens at My feet. I will give you all the strength you need - I see you, My love. I see you when you are laughing; I see you when you are crying; I see you when you are loving; I see you when you are playing. I am with you when you are working and letting Me work through your hands in helping people. I see you when you stumble over your words, and even if you don't know what you are trying to say - I do. I know everything about you, even the things you might not remember or want to remember. Healing is a process, My child. Don't be upset or ashamed if it isn't coming as quick as you would like. I am molding you and shaping you into a radiant woman - alive and a light with My love! You have captured me, My child. You have my heart and I have yours. I will never let you go. My arms have always held you, even when you turned your back on Me. It's OK - life is hard. But only for a short while. GO - Go share My love with the world. In your way, your words. Ask Me. I will give you all that you need to fulfill My desires for your life. If you fail, it's OK. I will be here to catch you - together we will go on, and if you'd like, I will carry you. I have placed dreams in your heart you do not yet know. Enjoy the journey - take Me with you always - I love to be your Adventure.

No comments: